Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Picture Imperfect (original post 11.27.06)

So being a teacher, I had the day after Thanksgiving off. I decided to get some things done and one of those things was laundry. I stuck a load of jeans and sweatshirts into the washer and got them into the dryer before Sherrie got home from work. When she got home, she asked me if I was drying shoes because something sounded like it was banging around in the dryer. I blew her off and told her I wasn't but she went and checked and didn't find anything. So we went shopping. After we got back, I went into the basement to fold the laundry and realized that Sherrie was right; there was something clunky in there. I pulled out all of the laundry, along with the clunky foreign object and I realized it was her digital camera. I had washed and dryed her $300 digital camera.

For those of who are thinking "How could Melissa be so dumb as to wash a camera," or "How could Sherrie be so dumb for dating Melissa," I completely understand. I ended up buying her a new one and she is still dumb enough to date me. Lesson learned? When you find someone who not only forgives you but doesn't even get the slightest bit mad when you wash their $300 camera, never dump them.

No comments:

Post a Comment